AUSTIN – The reward for Jerry Don Holmes, 43, a Texas 10 Most Wanted Sex Offender and this month’s featured fugitive, has been increased to $8,000 for information leading to his capture if the tip comes in during the month of February. Holmes is wanted for failure to comply with sex offender registration requirements, assault and bond surrender forfeiture. All tips are guaranteed to be anonymous.
Holmes, whose last known address was in Pearland, has ties to several Texas cities, including Shepard, Livingston, Pasadena and Houston. He also has ties to several Native American tribes in northeastern Oklahoma near Tulsa and Glenpool. Holmes has been known to work in the boating and trucking industries. His criminal history includes indecency with a child by exposure and assault. For more information and updates in the event of his arrest, see his wanted bulletin at: http://www.dps.texas.gov/Texas10MostWanted/SexOffenderDetails.aspx?id=241.
Holmes is 5 feet 9 inches tall and weighs approximately 220 pounds. He has tattoos on his right arm, left leg and left hand; and a scar on his forehead.
One offender from the Texas 10 Most Wanted Program is featured each month in hopes the higher reward money from the Governor’s Criminal Justice Division will generate additional tips. The higher reward amount will only be paid if the tip comes in the same month the fugitive is featured. All calls, texts, emails and Facebook tip messages are anonymous.
To be eligible for the cash rewards, there are five different ways to provide anonymous tips:
- Call the Crime Stoppers hotline at 1-800-252-TIPS (8477).
- Text the letters DPS – followed by your tip – to 274637 (CRIMES) from your cell phone.
- Submit a web tip through the DPS website by selecting the fugitive you have information about, and then clicking on the link under their picture.
- Submit a Facebook tip at http://www.facebook.com/texas10mostwanted by clicking the “SUBMIT A TIP” link (under the “About” section).
- Submit a tip through the DPS Mobile App. The app is currently available for iPhone users on the Apple App Store: (https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/texas-dps/id902092368?mt=8) and for Android users on Google Play: (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.microassist.texasdps&hl=en).
All tips are anonymous – regardless of how they are submitted.
DPS investigators work with local law enforcement agencies to select fugitives for the Texas 10 Most Wanted Fugitive and Sex Offender lists. You can find the current lists – with photos – on the DPS website at http://www.dps.texas.gov/texas10mostwanted/.
Do not attempt to apprehend these fugitives; they are considered armed and dangerous.